Tuesday 17 May 2011

Doctor who: The Revived Series An introduction to the madness to come.


Ah Doctor who.The oldest running series in television history and no wonder why.This show has it all Robots,The devil,really pissed off lizard people,Living stone angels,and my god the daleks.For those who don't know Doctor who is the longest running science fiction series in history running for at the time of this post a whopping 48 years since creation but not straight,But I'll get into that in a moment.

The series rovolves around a man named the doctor.An alien known as a timelord(think looks like a human but a crap tonne more resilient) And his time machine the tardis traveling through time with his companions he picks up along the way saving the human race,The earth and whole species along the way.Because of the time machine capabilities and the fact he can travel through space in the tardis as well gives the series one of it's strongest points;One of,if not the best Plot engine ever.ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I mean anything from aliens in the old west to brain parasites invading a race of tentacle faced monsters to again THE DEVIL but I'll get into that.

But Immortal K This is a review of the "Revived series" What the hell does that mean? Well first of all why are you asking a wall of text but I'll let that go since I'm far more off the wall crazy^^. Well from 1963 to 1989 (like I said long running) the series was immensly popular and massive to the point where one year after the series premiered there was a newspaper comic calling charles de gaulle a dalek.yeah I don't know who that is either>.> But come 89 the series had finally gotten canceled.Why?well bad time slots and just low ratings forced the show off the air with the bbc promising it would come back. and while a tv movie was broadcast in 1996 the series didn't revive from it.

Enter 2005 and Russel.T.davies has been placed in charge of the revived series finally coming back.And back it came.The series became huge even generating a massive audienceto the point where there has been no sign is stopping since the revival.The series even gained a pretty big foothold in america which was odd since while being known in the states it never really became huge.

Come about november 2010 and I'm flicking through the channels for something to watch being bored as usual.When I come across an episode of the second revived season starring david tennant and billie piper. I recognized billie piper from my childhood as a former (or current I'm not sure) pop star and became intrigued by what I saw and the rest was history.the about 7 months later I decided to make this.A reviewy thing....Introspective? Retrospective? I don't know I like reviewy thing.

I'll be going through the 5 complete seasons as a season starting with one to 5 then going episode by episode of the currently airing series 6/For those who have seen atop the fourth walls history of the power rangers(And please ditch this blog for that one cause that is awesome if you haven't seen it) The this will be similar but less descriptive since I'm not 100% on some of this plus it's literally my opinion and some small facts.also no real time table for release so don't expect a quick go through.That being said I'll bring the first part after going through series 1 for the first real full time.I have seen it just kind of distracted long story.

No comments:

Post a Comment