Thursday 1 December 2011

Day 30 a day late.Favorite game or the sonic generations review


Yeah sorry for the delay life happened anyway a few people may be scratching their heads and saying something like. "Well it's a great game but best really?" Lemme tell you something I love the hell out of this game but I may as well just turn this into a review while I'm here.

When this game was announced early this year everyone was pumped as hell because after sonic colors success people knew sega was in a good position for this but people were still nervous after sonic 4 which is a good game but was a bit underwhelming all in all.but sonic fans have been pumped as hell all years for this and my god am I pleased to say this game more then lives up to the hype.Just everything is perfect to me and fun as hell.But lemme take a more organized approach to this.

Gameplay

This game is a goddamn hoot to play.the classic sections while not perfect in comparison to the original genesis trilogy is still a damn blast to play but in a bit of shock I'm actually far more intrigued by the modern sections which are amazing to shoot through.I was a fan of the modern games but to me the classics were best but this is just insane.I mean both modes are great and fun as hell but I did find the modern a little more fun to play.

Soundtrack

I know I said this before but goddamn It bears repeating.This games soundtrack is one of the best I've ever heard.Most of it is on my mp3 player as we speak.But in particular the remixes are nuts.the original versions or the slightly modified versions of the originals I should say are great but compare the original chemical plant music to the modern version and my god  I didn't even think they could make that track sound cooler. but it does not stop there.The same works in reverse almost all of the classic remixes for the dreamcast and modern tracks are just as good if not better though the fact that the city escape track is just as good both ways should say alot

Graphics

I really should have put this for best graphics above dead island but it's damn hard to argue with how good dead island looks.But on the other hand while not realitic the backgrounds in sonic generations is just insane.I mean modern chem plant,and modern and classic rooftop run have some of the best visuals I've ever seen.It's just incredible

Downsides

Well I will say that I do wish there were more bosses.The wrecking ball boss from 1,or metal overlord from heroes.And may I add except for 1 song on the soundtrack shadow's game is left in the dust and may I add there are two tracks that are not in the selectable track I wish were.namely all hail shadow and E.G.G.M.A.N they're in the game and play in specific moments But I really do wish they were normally selectable since it would make a few fights kind of interesting namely the egg dragoon  to E.G.G.M.A.N would be cool even if it was just that fight let alone selectable

All in all the story is a bit off as well but it's a nitpcik compared to everything else. so yeah this game is just amazing and there's alot I didn't even mention so please for gods sake check this game out and see if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment