Thursday 27 February 2014

Top ten Villains Round 2 # 10 Dr nefarious and/or Alister azimuth

That's right ladies and gentlemen. When I first started this blog I Did a top ten list of my favorite villains. And looking back there are a few choices I have to change. Cybermen and The silence? Scarecrow? That chick from bioshock 2 Really? (Though I still say Bioshock 2 was a good game) Some decisions are hard to defend and Honestly better villains have come and gone since then so I'm doing Round 2 of my favourite villains and this time I Mean it....Well until a few more years go by anyway. But a few rules. First off With one exception one villain per franchise. So while there are two doctor who villains that's the worst It'll get. Second this is just my opinion I want to make this clear. I know some people hate villains I like and for that matter games I like (see bioshock 2 again) so take this with a grain of salt. Third and finally no ties....Stop looking at the title I'll get to that in a second. 

By which I mean now.

Dr nefarious

And Alister Azimuth



Remember how I said no ties. This isn't a tie. While Dr nefarious was in multiple games in the ratchet and clank series Crack in time and Up your arsenal are both amazing  and partially because of him. He's an absolute rush and partially due to amazing Voice acting done by Armin Shimmerman. Yes the same person who voices Andrew Ryan from Bioshock Voices Dr nefarious. I'm still incredibly impressed by that.

What gets me about nefarious is that He's clearly an idiot but he still manages to pull some impressive things off. Namely nearly taking over An enormous Time machine at the center of the universe (give or take a few meters) And turned half the occupied universe into robots through what I can only describe as Scientific brute force. He's smart enough to Create amazing weapons and then forgets to plug them in. This makes him an absolute joy to watch. And while you may say he's A terrible villain because of that and I can't argue but at the same time he has done some impressive things like I mentioned earlier. 

"But Immortal K..." You ask because you don't know my real name is Chris. "...Why is Alister here? he's a good guy." Alister Azimuth is a good guy but He's also the final boss of Crack in time after Nefarious. Much like Doctor nefarious He wanted to Abuse the great clock. Unlike Nefarious Who wants to use it to take over the world, Alister Wants to use it to bring the lombax race back from another dimension. For those Not familiar with ratchet and clank This may sound a lot like Doctor who and the time lords.....you aren't wrong. Anyway using the clock could cause immense damage to the universe so Clank won't allow it causing the conflict between Ratchet and Alister. He tries to take it by force and this is why He's on this list. He would possibly Destroy the only other member of his race for a chance to bring it back. If you saw The time of the doctor think about it this way. What if the doctor had to kill someone to bring back the time lords....and he did? While Alister was a general and murder isn't as much of a thing for him the crime is still there. So why are they both listed at Number 10?

Both of these two fit different roles and yet the same. They both Want to use the clock which is not a good thing. One is Directly evil but the other isn't. They show two sides of the mind. That both good and evil can end up wanting the same ends sometimes. That's fascinating to me and I think the story of A crack in time to be amazing because of that. Good villains make a good story and both of these whether or not they're evil are Antagonists in the end And to me that makes them villains. One defiantly and one arguably. Regardless both of them together make an amazing combination.

As for my Number 9?....Well let's crack open the doctor who bag early shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment