Thursday 16 June 2011

The top 10 villains #8 Oyashiro-sama

First and formost as you may have noticed I've made a mass amount of face value changes to the blog so If you like this design or if something looks off to you just gimme a comment and I'll see what I can do.Now that that's out of the way.....

The main reason it took me this long to get this one up was because I didn't know how to get the read more thing to pop up because this one is mass spoilers since the main villain of higurashi no naku koro ni is kind of a big twist and a huge plot point but now that I know how(Man was it simple...sometimes I worry about myself) Uh....clik to find out about this one.But I warn you.....

Oh snap you just got Riv' rolled





maybe I have to explain for the people not aware and for the record you have been warned about spoilers.Higurashi no naku koro no is a mystery anime and manga series(Also a game in origin but I really don't know much about that one.) The main concept being trying to find the real killer behind a string of deaths believed to be caused by the japanese god of the village oyashiro-sama.The plot runs over the same few days every few episodes but with different events but with every arc of the series It always ends with the death of most of the characters.It's quite fascinating and I highly suggest watching it cause it is awesome.but that's not why we're here.

The true identity of the killer is who is truly number 8 but of course I had to be sure not to spoil it.And without even doing so I can get into one thing that makes this villain great.The fact that oyashiro managed to win literally hundreds of times because of the time warps(yeah that's why it keeps repeating.....spoilers but let's face it what else could it be) so that right there is a big thing,But to get into the rest I have to reveal it so this is the last chance you'll have to not spoil it......last chance......It's takano

Yeah this was actually really well done but I won't get into it since that's really not why I'm here

Miyo takano was an innocent girl until her parenst died in a car crash and the last memory she had of them was her father literally coughing blood onto her.Something that would cause someone to go completly insane alone but worse was to come. She was placed in an orphange and well let's face it a tragic character in an orphange....it didn't go well.suffice it to say she tried to escape with her friends but they were all cought and takano was forced to watch her friends tortured and before she was a friend of her fathers saved her and adopted her.

She was raised by Hifumi Takano and took on his name.She was raised by him learning his job as a doctor and evantually becoming one as an adult.One particular subject was hinamizawa syndrome a parasitic disease that could cause massive rage and basically insanity in the target if they left the area near the queen carrier of the parasite.While never proven the disease was researched in great detail by hifumi and became his life's work to research it.however when he went to the main medical office in japan (really not sure what to call in but nonetheless) to attempt to have hinamizawa syndrome proven he was laughed out of the building and died soon after

I don't think it went over too well with her

This oddly enough was the thing that really broke her.the death of hifumi,a man she Idolized and loved as her own father drove her waaaaaayy over the edge.Evantually she came to be a nurse in hinamizawa knowing a way to keep her self safe from the syndrome.And joined a group called tokyo determined to destroy hinamizawa.I don't recall why from the anime and I can't seem to find why so.....just cause I guess.She gains control over a secret group of soldiers known as yamainu and begins plotting to kill the queen carrier to give them an excuse to wipe the town out to prevent the town villagers from going insane and wiping out hundreds of people.I guess the medical communtiy changed their mind.

I know I sound like I don't like It but I swear this is actually my favorite anime.go figure.Anyways this is all great but why is she so evil and threatening and evil......and evil? Well I already mentioned being able to wipe the town hundreds of times but did I mention that to do that she had to kill the queen carrier? I did? Well did I mention she was a 10 year old girl? What's that? That's messed up killing a 10 year old hundreds of times? Well I didn't say how she killed her.....VIVISECTION!!! Disected alive and Literally left for the crows.....My god lady.I have to say It's hard to think of her as a good character after hearing that but there is a bit more

Namely one scene of her asking another 8 year old,A colorblind one to tell her whether a peice of brocoli was brocoli or cauliflower and if she was wrong she'd kill her....she got it right.....she killed her anyway.JESUS F**KING CHRIST LADY.Seriously this woman is just disturbed but she well done to the point where You can almost feel for her....yeah well done higurashi.


No comments:

Post a Comment