Saturday 22 October 2011

My thoughts on Freddy Krueger

With halloween 8 days away at the time of this posting and the freddy vs jason movie playing on the tv next to me I figured now would be a good time to bring up something I've started holding close to my heart.Mr frederick krueger.



Ah Freddy One of the most legendary horror icons of all time along with mike myers and jason voorhees.Goddammit this guy for what's said of what he did It's hard not to like this guy.I mean look at his past.He murdered children and possibly alot worse though definatly according to the remake.(I'll get to that) But somehow just how scary and unsettling he can be in the earlier movies and how funny he can be sometimes.personally I think freddy's dead was going way the fuck overboard on the cheesy(Seriously power glove jokes oi vei) Though some of the lines in freddy vs jason or the more twisted sense of humor in dream warriors wasn't bad though there is a huge split with fans on how much humor should be in a movie most people saying dream warriors was perfect for it but I'm getting off track sort of.

We all know the story: Freddy (Aka the springwood slasher) Kills children and the parents fearing their fate would be thrust upon more people get together and burn him alive but not before he swears revenge. years later people start dying in their sleep as a result of freddy killing them in their nightmares.This is just a damn unbleiavable concept first off when most horror movies were just big guy in mask kills people.Not only was his face visible But he was known for it.The look was just perfect.The hat,The sweater,The face everything was just perfect.But the concept of someone having power over dreams,something no one can do anything about except delay with coffee is pretty Incredible.My credit to wes craven.

But let's face it The real genius is robert england.The man behind the make up.The guy can just wear it insanely well and not to mention he just seems like a real lunatic but still in that cheesy but awesome way so I'm guessing You prolly wanna know how I feel about Jackie Earle Haley.Well The movie itself was okay not amazing but at least it wasn't goof fodder like freddy's dead.But I actually liked haley.He did a good job I mean That laugh was goddamn creepy and really the make up was fine I still don't see the comparison to the navi from avatar.....I think that's what they're called(freaking hate that movie) Anyway I just wanted a little rant time have a happy halloween and for gods sake watch some form of a nightmare movie they're awesome......same with friday the 13th actually.


No comments:

Post a Comment