Thursday 25 August 2011

The top 10 Villains #2 The Master

Oh god.These next two were the one's that were going back and forth all the time.I mean when I wrote number five I had just settled it these two are close.But enough of my indecisiveness and my god let me tell you about the master.

Psychotic,Insane,violent,and unpredictable.......And I'd still vote for him over bush

Originally known as koschei the master was actually the doctor's best friend when they were children,but when the time lord right of passage to stare into the untempered schism(A tear in the fabric of time) while some would become stronger he went insane.A drum beat was implanted inside of his head by time lord rassilon in the far future to escape a time lock but at the time the only thing it truly caused was koschei's insanity.

When the doctor ran off koschei was told to go after him with a spy following the master to make sure he did his job but due to his fixation with a powerful device called the dark heart device and the Revelation he was being spied on the last good in him died and he fully became the master.

He and the doctor would fight back and forth through multiple regenerations but my favorite two of the master are roger Delgado and john simm.For roger Delgado All I need to show is his photo

Look at that he pretty much coined the term devil beard I love it

However the form I have the most appreciation for is john simm.After the previous form of the master locked himself in the tardis and regenerated the 6th master traveled back to modern day Britain and used the name Harold Saxon and his intellect to become minister of defence and eventually prime minister of great Britain.That alone is really impressive when you think about it. But in control of the tardis he managed to convince a woman soon to be his wife to help him and using the tardis as a paradox machine similar to the dark heart machine (as far as I can tell anyway) he managed to convert the human race at the end of the universe into small metal flying balls with spikes and lazers.Which leads to one of the most awesome moments in sci fi history

HE CRACKS OPEN THE SKY TO SEND MILLIONS OF TOCLAFANE TO EARTH EXTINCTING 10% OF THE POPULATION!!!

Holy S**t this is just incredible.I mean the actual act is impressive but the image it leaves in your mind is just unreal.And it's not over yet at the end of the episode he has the doctor aged 100 years and incapacitated and the entire world is under his control he says one of the best evil speeches I've ever heard

"So it came to pass, that the human race fell... and the Earth was no more. And I looked down upon my new dominion, as Master of all, and I thought it... good"

That alone the massive defeat of the doctor the way how he used his own enemies vehicle and home to a massive disadvantage and even destroyed the human race with the human race.that really says it all of why He's one of the greatest villains of all time.Why is he number two then? Well I'm not a huge fan of the end of time version not that a psychotic cannaballistic lighting shooting super hobo version of the master isn't unbeliavably awesome but the fact that he kind of saved the world albeit inadvertendly but still plus there is something that scared him when the time lords revived the master for the time war for when he saw what they were fighting against he ran and suffice it to say number one is what He ran from.


No comments:

Post a Comment