Tuesday 23 August 2011

The top 10 villains #3 Scarecrow

When I first started this I only really knew of 3 characters that would be on the list.The top three are more or less the reason I started this and scarecrow is definitely one of my favorite villains of all time and my god does he deserve more panel time.


Johnathan crane was a professor of psychology and usually this is where I say but something bad happens to him but scarecrow is a different story.He became obsessed with the study of fear and eventually started doing experiments on normal humans with a fear toxin.He got fired and started doing it freelance or as most people call it psychological torture or a crime.The mask whether the Cillian Murphy version from batman begins or the more scarecrow looking one is usually because he uses it as intimidation and as an amplified effect for his fear toxin

Why is he above guys like the silence or Alexia? Put simply his way of thinking is something for villains.In his mind He's not doing good or evil just his simple experiments which have taken his life over.The simplicity of that and yet just how much fear and pain he can cause is amazing and just how he looks and acts can be incredible to watch. My favorite version of which is probably the arkham asylum version.

I mean look at this guy he has hypodermic needles as fingers.....Jeez@.@

I could describe what I think of each of the versions of him but I'll describe all of them in one.....Awesome but my god what a way to make him look like a wuss at the end there.I mean think about it how did batman begins end for him? How did Arkham end for him.....BADLY!!

This is why he's here but he deserves to be higher I just can't put him above the next two with those endings to him in the larger stories.Plus I haven't seen scarecorw episodes of the animated series in a while so I can't say anything there.I do love this guy though so I'm really hoping if he's in arkham city He'll end off better but I don't think he is(Which I hate since the freakouts were awesome in asylum)



No comments:

Post a Comment