Tuesday 7 February 2012

The Top 8 gym leaders in pokemon

Yes You are reading that correctly and yes I am that big of a nerd.But think about it.The pokemon games revolve around the gym leaders and while I do admit the games themselves can be repetitive as hell they're still seriously fun rpg's.But think about it.Alot of the intrigue with these games is the gym leaders.What they act like? What they look like? What type they use? and what their gym's gimmick is? really I think that the series owes alot to them and I'll counting down my top 8(Seems appropriate) and we get started off with one of the newest


Number 8 Elesa


Ah elesa.I don't know too much about her since I haven't gotten to the 5th gen yet not because I don't want to but my ds crapped out.But nonetheless I do love her design and her team is while repetitive using two emolga for gods sake,zebstrika on the other hand is a pretty damn good signature pokemon.I don't know too much of her gym though since again not familiar with gen 5 but on the other hand her personality and her expression makes her pretty cool.She's also a model which again adds to a very unique personality for her.In my opinion one of the cooler gym leaders

Number 7 Falkner


As yes falkner the first non rock gym leader.and considering how weird the 5th gen one is I count him as the only non rock normal gym leader up front.I do like the idea of flying type gym leaders since I think flying as a type is underappreciated and I do really like falkners design...however....his signature is pidgeotto......terrible stats in final form and it's not even a new gen pokemon.WHAT THE HELL?!

Number 6 Flannery


Ah The Newest gymleader at the time.Her schtick was that she was newly appointed as a gym leader that plus the fact that she has a gym inside of a sauna makes her stand out quite a bit I think.A very disticnt design makes her a pretty cool gym leader however much like falkner she has one big fault.Her signature.Torkoal is just not that distinct I keep thinking her signature is camerupt but go figure it's torkoal.Eh nonethelss a good design

Number 5 Jasmine



okay here's where I get embarrassed.when I was a kid I had a huge crush on jasmine.She's just cute though that's not why she's here(Though not hurting)  she's the first gym leader to use one of the new types at the time and while she doesn't look it her signature pokemon was pretty threatening at the time.Steelix and evolution of one of the bigger pokemon in the previous gen so between those two alone and her unique story bit with the lighthouse make her really memorable.

Number 4 Juan


Some people may not even know who juan is but in my favorite pokemon game emerald version he replaces wally as the water gym leader and while his gym is the same as wally's his team is much different.While wally's signature is milotic juan has a frakking kingdra and that makes his fight alot harder when comparing the two 8th gym's alone.plus he's spanish that's awesome

Number 3 Gardenia


I'm not sure what it is but something about her really stands out to me.maybe it's the unique design maybe it;s the fact that she's the second gym leader and her signature is a damn roserade a third stager.But in all honesty It's probably the anime version and this is one of the few cases where this is best version of the character cause she is a damn blast to watch.She's insane and I think my pic from the update says it all

Number 2 Blaine

Ah Blaine.One of my favorite gym leaders.He's just a classic really I mean the first gym leader after the silph co incident and the quiz gimmick just makes him so cool to me.not to mention his signature is rapidash who I am a big fan of as a fire type pokemon though haven't used much for some reason.nonetheless Blaine stands out massivly against alot of trainers for his unique personality which shines in alot of aspects of him

Number 1 Sabrina


Goddammit this ladies and gentlemen is one of the very few times I preferred a gym leader in the anime to the games.Why? well in the anime That picture happened and made me crap myself as a kid.I mean my god she was the best part of the entire series.Hell her design in the anime and the similar designs in the games were great but.....her design in the newest game heart gold and soul silver makes her look....well


I hate this design.She doesn't look unique or threatening like she used to now she looks like a non descript basic trainer it's pathetic.I always think of her as the dark and threatening psychic trainer from the anime.worthy of having a goddamn alakazam in her party.Nuff said



1 comment:

  1. I agree with most of your choices :D

    ReplyDelete